A Culver City man has been arrested on suspicion of raping a 15-year-old girl who was reported missing three weeks ago and was found Monday, Los Angeles police said.
Samuel Robert Duran Jr., 33, was detained for questioning Monday, formally booked on suspicion of multiple counts of rape at 4:20 a.m. Tuesday and was being held in lieu of $8-million bail, according to records released by the Los Angeles Police Department.
The girl vanished March 24 after leaving her Mar Vista home and was reunited with her mother Monday, Los Angeles Police Lt. John Jenal said.
The Times previously named the girl in reporting on her disappearance. Since police have booked Duran on suspicion of raping her, The Times is adhering to its policy not to identify victims of alleged sexual assault.
She was the subject of an intensive search by Los Angeles police and the FBI, in cooperation with her family, and those efforts received widespread coverage by the media, including The Times.
Security cameras installation los angeles.